Reign LC Players Expectations
One of the goals of the REIGN LC program is to teach the player responsibility and as such we hold them accountable for their actions and decisions. Players must represent REIGN LC both on and off the field in a responsible manner at all times. High School & Middle School Players are required to handle all communications, concerns etc. with their REIGN LC team coach first and if a resolution cannot be reached then the player should contact Noelle Powell.
Players must have respect for the REIGN LC staff, coaches, teammates, officials, opponents and all others associated with the game of lacrosse. Vulgar language, back-talking, negative comments, inappropriate behavior and a poor attitude will not be tolerated and will affect playing time along with possible termination from the club.
Commitment, Attitude & Work Ethic:
All players who fail to attend required practices and games without a prior approved excuse for absence will receive reduced playing time in the event immediately following the unexcused absence. We roster our teams well in advance and it is not fair to your teammates if the player is not totally committed to REIGN LC and the overall success of the program.
Players should strive to become a better lacrosse player by having a strong work ethic and by using the skills taught to them by the REIGN LC coaches. Many skill improvement drills can be done on your own such as “wall-ball” or simply playing “catch and throw” with a teammate etc. both of which will help you become a better player. If you have a bad attitude and are not working hard then expect to have reduced playing time. Playing time is earned and not just given.
No player will be permitted to break tournament rules as it pertains to Year of Graduation (YOG) and class participation. When in doubt ask the Staff of REIGN LC as the consequences of violating the rules could be extremely harmful especially in IWLCA sponsored events.
Players must arrive one hour before their first scheduled game and a half hour before for each subsequent game. They must be in full uniform and be prepared to warm up at that time. It is the responsibility of our older players and not their parents to make sure you are at the right field and at the right time. Failure to adhere to these rules could result in reduced playing time.
Players may not compete with another travel lacrosse club outside of your PAGLA team while on a REIGN LC roster.
- Will make having fun the number one priority.
- ALL Players are students first and must maintain good academic standing. The importance of maintaining a strong academic profile can never be emphasized enough. A strong academic record will be able to open more doors to colleges than you can imagine. Keep up the hard work on the field and in the classroom!
- All Players are responsible for their own actions both on and off the field. It is expected that all players conduct themselves appropriately.
- Players will work hard in developing both their team and individual skills.
- Players MUST wear a mouth piece and goggles during all game and practice sessions. They will be removed from drills until they are properly equipped.
- Players will play multiple positions and will need to train and play in the positions that are recommended by the coach in order to benefit the team and the program.
- Reign LC players will be positive toward teammates, referees, coaches and the game of lacrosse. We will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind such as booing, taunting, or profane language or gestures.
- Players are encouraged to ask coaches questions about team tactics and on individual skill development.
- When a coach is talking to the group or an individual, players need to listen and make positive eye contact.
- Will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches or officials at the game field.
- Cell phones are not allowed out of bags during training sessions or on sidelines of games.
- A commitment to our training program and game schedule. All Players are expected to attend all practices and tournaments. If a player is consistently absent, their placement on the team will be in jeopardy and subject to dismissal. Please communicate possible absences and conflicts at a minimum of 48 hours prior to the event so coaches can plan and make adjustments – please make sure your availability in our Team App is accurate.
- Punctuality: Arrive 15 minutes prior to start of practice, 1 hour prior to the start of the first game of each tournament day and 30 minutes prior to subsequent games (properly equipped and dressed upon arrival).
- All Reign LC players are expected to maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- All Players must have current membership with US Lacrosse – failure to maintain this membership may result in removal from the roster.
DO THE RIGHT THING. BE A GOOD PERSON.
RISE UP TOGETHER…REIGN FOREVER